Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Overwhelmed.

So, today, I have been desperately searching the attic, closets, and every nook and cranny in our house to find THE instruction manual.

You know, the one they send home with new parents when they take their newborn children home.
We have three sons...
... there has got to be a copy around here somewhere.

Remember, the one that answered every question from analyzing the variety of colors of poop that can appear in a baby's diaper to answering the BIG question.

I really need to look up some information about allergy shots, type 1 diabetes, crankiness, how to handle 3 cranky boys when I am sick, how to still take care of my husband (you should see the mound of ironing), how to train for a marathon and a half (that is 39.3 miles, by the way) while nursing a cough that sounds like I should look into purchasing some of this...
Oh, and I gotta post this quick, cuz I gotta cook dinner!

In all my searching, I found nothing....

Heck, I even tried online... zip, zero, zilch!

Anybody got a copy I can borrow?

Lot's going on here...

Todd had his 2nd Allergy shot today and he took it like a champ!
He even wanted to go in alone...
He was very brave!
Todd Jr also has a report he has to present on Thursday about an important historical American Figure.
He was last to pick.
He got Johnny Appleseed.
Johnny Appleseed?
I just thought he was a Disney Character.
Wish he could have gotten Walt Disney... he could have taken me in for his report.
I would have even worn my name tag.

Grant is, well, a rascal.
Have you ever wondered what Robin, Boy Wonder ever looked like taking a nap?
Now you know.
They love to dress up in the costumes.

As a matter of fact, I think Indiana Jones is asleep in our bed right now.
Um, no, not Harrison Ford.
Geez.
Speaking of Grady, he is a trooper.
He has been rather cranky, but I would be too if my world had been spun the opposite direction on its axis.
(Can you tell Todd Jr has been studying about the solar system.)
Truthfully, Dat Dat and I were not particularly impressed with the Dr. we saw in Tallahassee.
We liked the Nurse and Dietitian at the Diabetes Center but the Dr. left a lot to be desired, she was more interested in telling us what to do than answering our questions.
So, we were able to get in touch with the Pediatric Endocrinologists at Nemour's Children's Hospital in Pensacola and we are headed there this week.
Dat Dat and I can accept that Grady has diabetes but we must have communication.
Yes, I have been on insulin, etc.

But, it is not the same and we want someone who will be willing to "hold our hands" and answer all our questions, especially since I cannot find that d**n instruction manual!

No comments: