Thursday, February 3, 2011

Blah... It's February.

Usually, Monday nights at work are painfully slow - truly mind numbing.
However, this past Monday night was filled with chatters.
One woman was ove the top... a whirlwind. 
She was pulling items off shelves, hangers and rounders, even insisting I order items from the warehouse... to ultimately completely changing her mind when she got to the register to check out... EXHAUSTING.
I think I spent another 30 minutes hanging clothes she left on the dressing room floor!
... the ugliness of retail!

Later, a woman came in pushing a cart she had commandeered from Sears.
She begain talking to me about her children and grandchildren and asked me if I had any little ones.

The DREADED QUESTION!

"I have three little boys at home," I answered.

"No little girls to dress up?" She wondered.

"No." - Cringe

"Every woman should have a daughter," she stated.

Uncomfortable smile... crack in my heart burns a little.

"You and your husband should try for a daughter."
At this point wishing she would leave.

Finally, after another 20 minutes, she left.

You may ask, why didn't I say anything?

Sometimes I do.

Sometimes I don't.

Cannot really explain it.

Just the way it is.

My manager gave me a box of things she had for her children's group at church - just a few random things... crayons.. paper... etc.
There were also several little girls barrettes and ponytail holders... I am sending them to our niece, Madison... wish we needed them.

February has arrived.

Not an easy time of year.

No comments: