Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day


Todd and I hope each of you had a beautiful weekend.
I worked on Saturday and Sunday, but yesterday, we hit up Publix early for some donuts and hit the beach!
Luckily, we don't have any oil yet. 
I heard on the radio Friday that it is about 60-70 miles off shore.
I keep seeing information in the newspaper about filing claims with BP.... if they ruin my planned summer... they will certainly be hearing from me!!!

Unfortunately, I forgot to take the camera to the beach, but we did have a great time.
At one point, Todd Jr and I were out in the Jetty Pool... or Jelly Pool as Grady calls it... snorkeling... I looked back at the beach to see Dat Dat waving me back into shore...
now every time we go, dozens of kids and parents have those little nets, constantly trying, in vain, to catch tiny fish and crabs... well when Todd Jr and I reach the beach, in our bucket was a rather large shrimp.
Apparently Grady had found it and was holding that in one hand and a shell in the other... only Grady.
We really had a good time... it was crowded but we were there early enough for it not to be a problem.

After the beach... we threw some shrimp on the Bar-B...
Ooooooo... it was soooo good... with corn and homemade potato salad....
All the boys gobbled it up... I think we will have to get more shrimp next time!
Check out my handsome Grill Master...
And his rosy cheeks and neck... he told me last night that he is gonna have to find himself a new woman to put sunscreen on him... yeah, right!

Again, we hope you enjoyed your weekend and Todd, The Triple Trouble and myself all sincerely thank each man and woman who is serving or has served in our armed forces as well as their families, believe me, in our family your service and sacrifice does not go unnoticed.  Thank you.


No comments: