Friday, June 18, 2010

Duh!



As most of you know, we subscribe to Netflix, which we LOVE!
This week we have had some good ones... one of which was...
Todd and I were skeptical before we watched it, but is really was cute!
We loved the nods to films the other stars had been in...
Taylor Lautner's character had issues with taking off his shirt... Any one read/seen New Moon?
Especially funny was the "extra reel" over the credits when the limo driver asked Julia Roberts if she had ever been shopping on Rodeo Drive... classic Pretty Woman response... "Big Mistake"

The one we watched last night was...

I emphasize the we, because I am notorious for falling asleep during movies... even good ones...
Ask Todd about our first "official" date...
The Wedding Singer... 1/2 way through... sound asleep... didn't help that I had already been to see it but didn't have the heart to tell  him!
So, back to Invictus... interesting movie... Morgan Freeman, great, as always... not a huge Matt Damon Fan but he looked like he had really gotten into the role by bulking up with the help of some HGH!
In true form, 1/2 way through... I was sleeping... you know, running around and keeping up with the Triple Trouble will wear a Mommy out!
And, as always, Todd woke me and sent me off to bed.
And, as I do every morning after I "miss" a movie, I asked Todd what happened.
Technically, I could still put the movie back in and watch but... well, why if Todd can just tell me?

This morning I get, "Mandela was assassinated and Damon's character broke his neck."

"Yeah Right!"
Yes, that was my response...
What I am not telling you is that it took me a couple of seconds to come up with it because I was trying to remember where/when Mandela had been killed...
Yes, I know he is still alive...
Let's just say I was still half asleep...
I am also beginning to realize this was funnier when it happened this morning...
Oh, well.

Hope all the Dad's out there have a wonderful Father's Day!

No comments: