Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Long weekend!



So, we made it home in one piece!
And it goes without saying that Robin was thrilled to be sprung from "puppy prison."

Alas, our camera is still non functioning.
Short of a defibrillator, Todd has seemingly exhausted all methods of resuscitation!

Friday night was low key... glad to have ended our long drive.
Saturday, we ran around some in the morning and I worked from noon til 11:30pm.

Sunday, the boys had to go to church with out me as I worked from 5:30am til 6:30 pm... Yawn.
Needless to say I was tired and my feet were killing me, all I wanted to do was veg in front of the TV and do NOTHING....

However, as I lay on the bathroom floor next to our long-haired hippie, Grady Joe, staring up at the porcelain throne...

(see, I have resorted to pulling graphics from the web)

...patiently waiting for him to puke yet again...
... poor kid, first his, you know, "accident" and now this!...
.... I realized that I was being very selfish...
Yes, I was tired, but I was thankful....
First, that I had caught, yes I said caught, the first round of his protein spill... and that Dat Dat caught the second!
But more importantly that we were there to comfort him... of course wishing desperately that he were well.
And I am thankful that Todd and I have 3 handsome, sweet and sometimes a little rowdy boys to share this life with.  Most days are fun and filled with laughter, some days are stressful, and some days are still very sad and painful, but I am thankful to have them.

By the way... Grady is all better and all the boys are looking forward to Me Me and Foe Foe arriving on  Friday, and Beeka Beeka, David and Patrick for the 4th.



2 comments:

Gayle said...

Happy 4th of July! Love your blog! Give those beautiful boys a kiss and a hug from their Aunt Gayle!!! Hope to see you this fall. Love you all! Aunt Gayle

karen said...

Wow! I am so impressed with your blog! You are always were talented and great at multitasking! Your boys are adorable- how old are they? We have 3 also; Hannah 9 (born in Mobile), Kennedy 7 (born in TN) and Travis 3 (adopted in Feb after fostering for 2.5 yrs). we are back in Mobile though, and since PC is not that far away, we definitely should get together sometime (my mom is in Pcola now so we venture east quite frequently). Until then, we'll have to just continue electronically :)