Thursday, June 3, 2010

I was SO not ready for this....

How very convenient that Dat Dat had to go to Ft. Walton today!
You see, when Dat Dat goes to Ft. Walton (for work, NOT play) for the day, I take Todd Jr to school.
Really, it is no big deal at all, we are all up and ready to go without a problem.
But, this morning was a little different.
Usually our conversation in the car centers around what is going on with school, whether or not they have to take a nap today, how many bugs, flowers or big trucks we see along the way... and yes, all these topics were covered this morning... as well as one other.

"Mommy, where do babies... I mean, how do babies get inside you?"
My brain nearly exploded... it could have something to do with the nagging headache I have... but I digress.
Please, Please, Please... he is only 8 years old!!!!
So, after taking a moment to compose myself, I cautiously replied, "Todd, that is a great question, but it will take a little longer than our ride to school to explain, can we wait til' a little later?"
"Um, okay.  Did you know that tomorrow is Water Day?!?"
Catastrophe Averted!!! For Now!

Looks like I need to go to the library!

This was the book MeMe and Foe Foe gave me... maybe I need to give them a call and see if they still have it....

Pray for us!!!!

No comments: