Monday, August 23, 2010

Hidden Talents

In my short (insert laughter from my husband) life, I have been fortunate enough to travel to many beautiful places and see some amazing works of art.
The Last Supper (Leonardo Da Vinci)
The ceiling in the Sistine Chapel (Michael Angelo)

Mona Lisa
 (which I gotta be honest, is not that exciting when you are standing in front it... smaller than you would think and protected behind thick panes of glass)

However, I always think that self portraits are really interesting...

Van Gogh... nice ear.

Monet

Da Vinci
or was it really this...
We will leave that speculative debate for another time.
And someday I want to go to the Dali Museum... this guy had serious issues!
I wonder if he was always hot... is that why everything in his paintings was melting?
But every once in a while, an artist comes along whose work can make your mind and heart soar.
And whose self portrait makes me smile every time I look at it.

I love the red tuft of hair and he even got the dimples right.
You are smiling now... aren't you?

No comments: