Monday, December 27, 2010

Happy Ho Ho Ho to You!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!
We did!
Christmas Eve day, I had to work, but that evening, we went to Church.
It was a very nice service and Dat Dat and Todd Jr both served.
I was so proud!
Grady and Grant were pretty good too or at least that is what everyone said.
However, you can always count on Grant to stir things up.
I had packed some crayons and books to take with us... and at the quietest part of the service, Grant pointed to a large circle he had drawn (luckily not in The Book of Common Prayer).
He said, "I made a face."
"I made a BIG face."
"I made Daddy's face!"
Classic.
(Still nothing beats my sister, Elizabeth, SCREAMING during quiet reflection after Holy Communion..."Dammit, I want a donut NOW!!!!!!... She was 2, it was great!)
 And after some Hot Chocolate that was made more for the novelty than for actual consumption and a lively reading of 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, the little men we off to bed!
And yes, they were up early the next morning!

The above photo was before..
The next two are after...
Todd, under a mountain of paper.

Grant got a scooter from Santa... Toy Story, what else....
Here are three of the boys trying to put it together.

The weather was miserable and we never left the house... well, at least the little men and I never did... Dat Dat ran 9 miles... just before the rain began.
And, I am sorry there are not many photos... Todd Jr and Dat Dat were too busy getting me HOOKED on Yahtzee or Yahoo as Todd Jr calls it.
I think Dat Dat and I played til 1am.
YAHTZEE!!!!
Oh, wait... here is another good one...

Yes, a photo was snapped of these beauties before a cast iron skillet got involved, but there was not an opportunity for an after... they were gone...
We missed all our family but enjoyed our quiet little Christmas at home... hope everyone else had a great holiday and we are looking forward to a Happy New Year!
... and 26.2 miles
... only 13 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where are the dice????  I wanna play Yahtzee...

No comments: