Wednesday, December 1, 2010

And the award goes to....

Last night was was the end of the season banquet for the Lynn Haven Raiders Football and Cheer leading teams.

Todd Sr took Todd Jr the first year (I was in Tampa... probably puking.)
Last year, I took Todd Jr.
This year, the whole gang was in tow.
I was so proud of myself, I packed the Leapster and tons of coloring books and crayons... these things can go on FOREVER!!!

Now, for the last two years, Todd has received two trophies...
One for participation and one for winning the county championship (all the boys receive these).

This year, Todd Jr received two trophies again.
However, they did not win the county championship... heck, they didn't even make the playoffs.

Yes, he got the participation trophy...


And he also got a very special individual award as well.
(Remember to pause the music.)

I am sorry that the quality is not great... I was sitting on the floor with a bunch of sugar filled children running around me... geez... wait some of them could have been mine...
Oh well... It was really wonderful... we were not told in advance, but I just had a feeling that I should tape the individual awards presentation.

The award is called the Rouhlac Award.
It is named for a young, talented, and dedicated Raider player who was killed while riding his bicycle home from practice several years ago.
It is given for dedication, hard work, positive attitude, etc.


Todd Jr. was shocked and we are all so proud.
And yes, you cannot hear it, but Mommy cried... he has come so far and worked so hard!
The coaches also checked to make sure he is playing again next year... Coach Bill even said they needed his leadership... WOW!!!

No comments: