Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

...a day late!

Mine was Great!  How about yours?
One of my sweet co workers offered to work for me and gave me a couple of her shifts as well to make up the hours.  So, I took her up on the offer!
And we had a so much fun.

We started off the morning at Church.
We went to the early service, and while waiting for Father Joe to arrive at the altar, Todd Jr. looks at me and says, "Mommy, where were you born?"
Now, he has asked this before, but honestly, it isn't easy to remember, or say for that matter.
My response, "Opelika, Alabama."
(Foe Foe was attending Auburn University at the time.)
Todd Jr. reflected on that for a moment and inquired, "Do they speak another language there?"
Now, you must understand, that as much as I am certain that my husband loves me, my Southern Heritage is a never ending excuse to tease me.
So, knowing this banter between mother and son would bring great joy to Dat Dat, I decided to share with him the conversation up to this point.
Thankful that we were in Church, Dat Dat muffled his convulsive laughter and looked at Todd Jr and said, "Yes, Todd, they do!"
I admit I had to laugh too.
Then Todd Jr. asked, "Can I speak that language?"
Dat Dat and I in unison said "Yes, fiiiiive, niiiiine."
(For those of you who don't get this at all, when we lived in AL for the 6 months we were waiting to move here... Todd Jr added a little twang to his "accent"... and the numbers five and nine were particularly affected.

Guess you had to be there.

Any who.... after Church we headed to the Beach!!!! It was a beautiful day... bright and sunny even though the breeze was a bit cool.
Todd Jr. played on his skim board.


He and Dat Dat played Football.


Grady found himself a place to lounge and make "soup," a special mixture of salt water and sand.  Yummy.


We even observed some marine life.
The photo of this hermit crab does not do it justice.
It was HUGE!


After the beach we headed home for a while, so Grant could take a nap.
Then, off to Chili's for dinner!

Now is that a sight or what.  What a lucky Mommy I am!
Our server was very sweet, and very pregnant with her fourth, a little girl.
She asked if we were going to try for a girl.
The question does not sting as much anymore... just wish it did not have to asked.
Proud to be a mommy of FOUR beautiful children!

Hope you had a great day!

I sure did!!!!

No comments: