Friday, April 30, 2010

Hey Grady, What cha doin'?

This was the simple question I asked as I watched my clever and mischievous 4 year old, clutching his big brothers PSP to his chest, climbing the stairs.

Grady slowly turned his head to me, still attempting to keep the PSP hidden, smiled his "innocent" sweet smile (I still don't know how those dimples don't hurt) as his blue eyes twinkled against the glare of the light bulb and he stated clearly and without missing a beat...

"Nothing you need to worry about."

I am surprised another earthquake was not reported, this time here in Florida, in response to the force with which my jaw hit the floor.

"Excuse me, what?" I questioned, unable to hide the shock and awe from my voice.

"Nothing you need to worry about."


To be truthful, at this point, I had to laugh, one of those uncontrollable giggles that almost turned to hysterical, violent body shaking laughter.

And yes, I made him put the PSP away and come back down stairs.

As soon as I could compose myself, I called Dat Dat at work and do you know he had the audacity to ask me where I thought Grady got that from... I paused a moment and simply stated, "You, of course."
Dat Dat was quiet on the other end of the line, and after a moment simply replied, "Yep, you are probably right."  No "probably" about it if you ask me!

These boys of mine!




No comments: