Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Shaving 101

Yes, shaving.
Now, I know our boys are growing at what seems to be the speed of light.
But SHAVING?
Yes, shaving.

I always imagined it would be quite an event... Dat Dat teaching the boys to shave...
certain that Me Me and Foe Foe would be greatly relieved that my only participation in the event would be holding the camera... since my first few years of shaving my legs was not pretty... I think Foe Foe bought stock in Band Aid.
I imagined tiny hairs... unseen by the naked eye... covered in too much shaving cream...
making jokes about santa...
shaking hands and sweaty palms...
monologues from Dat Dat about safety, taking your time, etc...
tiny bits of toilet paper stuck to ones face (probably in a spot where there had not been any hair to begin with)

But what I got instead was...
Blood curdling screams from the bathtub...

and a bloody leg... yes, leg.
Guess who?
No, not Todd Jr.
Not Grant.
And no, not Dat Dat.
Yes, Grady Joe!

Yes, I know... don't worry, the razor has been removed.
And yes, he is perfectly fine... superficial wounds, covered by what else... Band Aid.  (Foe Foe, your stock is going up!)
The real question...
Once he cut himself the first time, why did he do it again?
Your guess is as good as mine!

No comments: