Monday, December 21, 2009

600 times its original size? Yeah, Right!!!!


So we decided to put a comb under Willard to measure his progress. 
I do still think he is growing, but the only way he is going to be 600 times his original size is if we build a pool and leave him in it for a year or so!
Willard is gonna stay in his ice cold bath until we return from Tampa and then we will have to find some thing to do with him... maybe  he can be the new mascot for Dirty Dick's Restaurant down on the beach!!!!

I was reading another blog this morning... a woman was reminiscing about all the wonderful events leading up to THE BIG DAY... Christams... including visits from family, opening gifts and all the Merry excitement in general... she also referenced the After Christmas Blues...
Now Todd and I have a "disagreement" EVERY year about the tree... Me, I want it down immediately after the festivities, Christmas night would work for me.  I mean really, the artificial limbs, LED lights and Disney Ornaments just look so sad and empty.  Now my husband on the other hand wants it up until at least New Years... well, he has got his wish this year, unless I can find a way to take it down before we leave for Tampa at 6am on Christmas Day... yes, I know unlikely.
Also, I am forbidden to take it down without supervision. 
Why, you ask?
While we were living in Orlando, actually our last Christmas there, on January 1, 2000, seeing as we had made it through the unyeilding hype of Y2K, I was putting away the Holiday supplies which I was expressly forbidden to do... let's just say I am not always a good listener and my big toe and an ancient tandem Schwinn bicycle (I swear Tim, if I ever see that thing again...) don't mix well and can result in a "quick" trip to the ER, featuring 5 stitches and a tetanus shot (my ten years will be up in a couple of weeks).
Truly, I am not a scrooge, I really enjoy Christmas, though not the fact that the radio stations start playing Christmas music the day after Halloween...

The best part though,
this...


Our family.
I love watching the kids opening their gifts, watching their innocence and sheer delight, it is my favorite and to be honest with you, my least favorite part.  There is a part of our little family that is always missing, forever broken, no longer tangible.  I wonder would she hang with Sarah and Jess, wish she were old enough to be just like Kati, loving all things "Hantana," or would she be overbearing with Madi and Grant, wanting to mother them, or would she be so influenced by Todd, Grady, Grant, Timmy, Mason, Ayden and Dylan that she would be the worlds biggest tomboy. 
Dat Dat and I can only wonder...

Have a Great Day Y'all...
Oh, and Happy Anniversary to Me Me and Foe Foe!

Ha!  Did you hear the one about the difference between Santa and Tiger Woods?

No comments: