Sunday, October 25, 2009

Since I was Called Out


Since I was called out about posting my pictures of DC, here they are.  I visited at night while I was up in Annapolis for a recruiters summit and went to DC on my first night off and it was spectacular.  The picture to the right is taken from the bottom of Lincoln Monument looking over the reflecting pond (lake if you are in Florida) at the Washington Monument with the Captiol Building just to the right.  It was awesome being there and looking at the lights reflecting.











The picture of the left was from the top steps of the Lincoln Monument back over the reflecting pond.  If you look close, you can seed the pillars of the Lincoln Monument on both left and right foreground.










Here is ole Honest Abe himself.  If you have not been, he is huge.  Must be about 30 feet high.


This is a seal in the World War II memorial.  This was absolutely beautiful tribute to the men and women who served in WW II.    Made me think of Grand Dad.  In case it is not said enough, thanks Grad Dad for your service.











To the right is one of the pillars that mark the perimeter around the WW II memorial.  It is the one for the State of Florida.



Of course I had to visit the White House. The President was busy that night and I wasn't able to meet him.









This is the doorway to the Espicopal Church (Church of the Epiphany) in DC right around the corner from the White House.

and last but not least, this was what I cam home to, a full bed.  Altough it was great to be up there it would have been better to have the family there.  I enjoyed my time, but nothing beats home with the family.

No comments: