Monday, June 2, 2008

Hello Monday!

Only 3 days into the "Summer" and I think my hair may be a little thinner than it was last Monday...

Saturday was spent at the beach, it was a beautiful day, however applying sunscreen twice is not nearly enough... lesson learned... Todd and Grady have been searching for shells, for Todd Jr to add to his "collection," we thought we found an empty hermit crab shell... we even carried it around for a couple of hours in Grady's water shoe... Dat Dat realized as we were showering off to head back to the car that there was in fact a living being inside... so, we asked a nice couple passing by us if they would return this pour soul to the sea... thankfully, they so obliged:)... disaster averted!!!!

Sunday, we headed to church... then back home for Grant and Grady naps while the Todds went to the movies... then off to the Panama City Pirates soccer game... they had their first win!!! 3 to 1 against the Nashville Metros... needless to say, we were all very excited!!!

Basketball camp began this morning... when we went to sign up last week, we were please to find that Todd Jr's coach from his school is the coach for the camp... a familiar face is always a good thing!!! The camp seemed to go pretty well and we are looking forward to attending tomorrow too... Soccer Camp also starts tomorrow evening... Busy, Busy, Busy!!!

This evening we are headed to the beach, Dat Dat wants to go for a jog and the boys and I will play along the beach... I always look forward to Grady's excited reaction when we arrive... almost as if he could break the bonds of his car seat from pure excitement!!!

On a completely different topic, Dat Dat and I were reminded how the questions of a child do not always have the easiest of answers. On the way back from the beach on Saturday a little voice from the back seat asked "Mommy, how did my sister get to heaven?" There was also another question about whether or not she is still a baby or a grown up... Now as most of you know, we have never hidden any of Esme's life from Todd Jr and we talk about her quite often and there are always questions. These questions become harder and harder to answer because they always lead to more questions and honestly, they can really catch me off guard... and for some of the questions, everytime he asks, I wish I could change the answer.. Dat Dat and I took a long glance at one another and thankfully, he answered much more eloquently than I could have... I think it is hard for me to answer, because I have the same questions daily and I just know that I have to wait to get my answers... However, patience is not one of Todd Jr's many virtues:)

Looking forward to a busy Tuesday... and a little more hair loss,
The Nat

No comments: