Friday, January 20, 2012

A Real Pain in the... Foot.

So, I thought I would try to show you why the WDW Marathon was such a challenge this year.

(As if 26.2 miles is not challenge enough.)

I have a foot condition called Plantar Faciitis.
No, not warts.... people always ask me that.

Here is a diagram.
The top arrow is pointing to the Heel Bone.

The bottom arrow is a strained Plantar Fascia.

It hurts... like a... well, you know.

Along with this strain, I have a heel spur.
See that little hook coming off the bottom of the heel in the top illustration?
That is it.
It feels like a stake being driven through my foot.

Truth be told, this was probably not caused by running.
But standing, for long periods of time.
Think retail.

Personally, call me crazy, but I think the running helps... stretches my foot and all.

Running through the pain!
Remember, my sport is your sport's punishment.
LOL


No comments: