Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Rescue Mission

Monday morning, Grant and I went for a walk in our neighborhood.

Along the way, we found a very curious creature.
Yes, a hermit crab.
He was just walking along the shoulder of our street.
Grant was so excited.
And after a conversation with Dat Dat...
We decided that we needed to get him "home."

Now, I can only imagine that he must have made his way to our "hood" having hitched a ride with someone back from the beach this weekend.
Now, while we live very close to the water.... um, it is just a little too far for Henry to have come here on his own.

Henry?
Watched "The Other Boelyn Girl" yesterday.
Nevermind.

We brought Henry to the house for the rest of the day...
Grant and I figured Grady and Todd would want to be in on the excitement.

I want to remind you that Grant and I set out with the best of intentions...
But, I also need to remind you that I have a degree in English Literature and Public Relations...
NOT Biology.

Again, best of intentions.
I put him in some water.
I think that may have been a bad idea.
It was tap water.
Um, Nat, you live on the Gulf Coast.... it is salty!!!!!

Yea, I realized before we went to pick up Todd Jr that he may not make it.
Anyway, we took Henry with us to Todd's Soccer practice. 

Cool place for soccer practice, huh?

And we put Henry in the water.

And, nothing happened.

Sorry Henry.

We tried.

Probably should have left him on the side of the road.

Just don't tell the boys!


No comments: