Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Good News!

Hello All,

I am sure most have you have heard, but for those of you who have not... I had a PET and CT scan two weeks ago. The PET was NEGATIVE... that means no malignancies. The CT scan was good also, my lymph nodes only measured a little above normal. The best news of all... only one more cycle of CHEMO instead of three!!!!! I had the first infusion yesterday and will have my last dose of poison on Feb 9. I also will begin 3 weeks of radiation in March.

Dada went with me to the appointment and I think we were both in shock. We were expecting good news... but not that!!!

There is more exciting news. Grant is walking, he gets the biggest kick out of himself when he does it, he is very cute. And while he may be a Mommy's Boy, his two favorite things to chase are Bogie and Frankie (Grammie and Dada's cats). He and Bogie are really good friends... Sorry Grant, no cats for us... Mommy doesn't do litter boxes.

Even more exciting news... Grady is becoming a champion of the toilet!!!! For some of you who read this you may think that is TMI, but for you parents of toddlers you know how exciting this is... not to mention a pay raise (NO MORE DIAPERS)!!!! We are not all the way there yet but we are inching ever closer daily. He has woken up dry the last 3 nights and has been going number 2 for almost 3 weeks with only one accident. WOO HOO!!!!

Well that is enough for now... I had chemo yesterday and am looking forward to going home on Saturday... I miss my Todds so much. Thank you all for all your prayers and support... as you can see, they are working.

All my love,
The Nat

No comments: