Friday, November 12, 2010

Happy Veterans Day!

Happy Veterans Day!!!!
We are so proud of all our courageous service men, women and their families!

There was no school yesterday so the Triple Trouble and I decided to set out on a day of fun!
And since it was a little too cool to head to the beach.... we hung around town.
First we went to the parade downtown....
Local soldiers.
Wish I had gotten a photo of them walking toward us.

Todd Jr and Grant watching the action.

Grady, waiting for candy...

The boys and I waived our flags proudly!

The parade was short but sweet and the boys were fantastic and really enjoyed it.

Next, we were off to the playground.

Sorry Dada... he had to swing high!

Up.

Down.

Goofy Grady!

Todd and I were tossing the football and then some other kids moved in and they had a blast!
I just had to remind Todd not to tackle!

Grady... always on the run!

Todd... still playing football!
I think he is sad the season is over!

Grant was really on the move while we were there, so I did not get many good shots of him.

After all this activity, the boys were ready for lunch.
So we headed home to see what we could put together.
And I swear to you, the photo below is not a set up.
I did not realize what I had done until I went to give Grant his plate.
Let's just say, this blog post was brought to you by the color orange!


Yes, Mac and Cheese....
Goldfish...
Carrots...
and, what else, orange wedges!

Good Grief... I was laughing so hard and I just had to take a picture!

After lunch, I had promised the kids we would watch....

Wait, no, not that one.
But what a good movie... we will have to get that one for them to watch also...
Wax on, Wax off...
1984... OMG!!!!

We watched this one... speaking of which... I need to go return it.
It was long, but pretty good.
Jackie Chan was GREAT and Jaden Smith was pretty good too.

Actually, it was so long, that we had to pause it and get a little snack.
So we hopped on our scooters...
okay, Grady and Todd hopped on their scooters and Grant and I walked...


... down the street to...
And it was so beautiful that we had to sit outside.

For those of you who have ever enjoyed ice cream with Grady, you know how painful it can be.
But he loved it!!!!!

Todd gave it the big THUMBS UP!

And Grant was the master of his cup of ice cream.

Notice there are no after photos... my hands were too sticky and I think the DQ down the street had to have more napkins overnighted to them after we were done!

So, after the sugar overload we scooted back to the house, finished the movie, finished homework, had baths and made dinner.

Homemade meatball sub sandwiches.
Yum!

Also, Dat Dat went for a 4 mile run before he came home.
I then left and went for an 8 miler.
And on my way home from the park, I heard the first one...
and it wasn't even Nat King Cole...







No comments: