Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Fun with facial hair, swollen thumbs and a visit from Me Me and Foe Foe!

Sorry it has been so long since I have written... I have just been really busy trying to get back into the swing of things....

So, as you all know, Todd shaved his head in solidarity, but he let the hair migrate from his head to his face over the cold winter months... finally, a few weeks ago, it was time to shave it, but why not take an opportunity to have a little fun with the facial hair.... there are no words... really, there aren't (snicker, snicker). I will have to get you another updated photo... since my hair is coming back, so is Todd's, however he did not get the special changing color trick. I always wondered what it would be like to be blond... yes... I look even more like my little men now!



Ok, on to swollen thumbs... this weekend was nice... Saturday was lots of fun, we had a soccer game... The Sharks lost but there was a great birthday party after the game and Coach Todd even got the pinata to explode... Sunday was very low key but the boys had been so good all weekend we decided that a visit to DQ was in order... for those of you who do not know we live in a new community that sits just off a main road, just a few days after Christmas a new Dairy Queen opened just at the end of the street... an "unfortunately" close walking distance. Anyway, we did not tell the boys that was where we were off to.... Todd Jr assumed we were getting in to the car and when I heard him open the sliding door to the van I told him we were walking and where we were headed so, he closed the door... scratch that... slammed the door and guess whose little thumb was in the door.... Grady Joe... poor thing.... really both of them... I was worried about Grady but I really felt bad for Todd too, he was so worried. Grady Joe freaked for about 15 minutes.... thank goodness for DQ... nothing a little soft serve can't fix... I know the picture is fuzzy, sorry... it really is yucky, but apparently NOT Broken!!!

Me Me and Foe Foe came to visit us over Easter weekend. The weather was AMAZING!!! We went to the Beach, Pier Park and to Boondocks for dinner on Saturday. On Sunday, we all went to church and had a laid back rest of the day. Isn't this a great picture of Me Me, Foe Foe and the boys.



Wow, isn't he beautiful. This was the first time that Grant walked in the sand. He was a little hesitant at first, but not like Grady who stood there and screamed and refused to move! Grant loved it after he got his "sand legs" and I think he will be really excited when we can go back and swim when the water gets a little warmer.




Here is a photo of Todd Jr from his field day at school in the tug-o-war competition. His class came in second. He was so excited that we were there. Needless to say, I was glad to be there too, I feel like I have missed so much of his school year... I guess I have. I am feeling pretty good... just still a little tired. I will he headed back to Tampa and the Moffitt Cancer center in mid May for another PET/CT scan. I have to wait 6 weeks after radiation for the inflammation of the treatment to go away or the scan will show positive for cancer. I promise I will try to do a better job keeping the blog updated. Take Care, The Nat



No comments: