Tuesday, May 20, 2008

An Epiphany!

While I am proud to say I have a college degree, sometimes I am a little slow on the uptake... Personally, I think it has something to do with all the brain cells I have lost from sniffing laundry detergent and the toxic fumes emanating from the special gifts Grady and Grant leave in their diapers. In any case, I had an epiphany today... I have been in such a quandary about what to do with the boys this summer... Todd Jr. is really a good boy, but that whole idle hands cliche rings true with him (I cannot remember the whole saying... but I think it has to do with getting yourself into trouble when you are not otherwise occupied... see, laundry detergent!) . Also, I am not okay with parking the boys in front of the television to play babysitter!!! So, I have decided to create theme weeks... the beach, America, different animals, and of course Pirates!!! What do you think? I thought Todd and I could come up with different crafts, themed worksheets, themed snacks, bedtime stories, outings, etc. Any ideas would be GREATLY APPRECIATED... also a few prayers that my head will still have few strands of hair left by the time Todd Jr. returns to school in August... XOXO The Nat

No comments: